29 Mar 2007

Tangerine Dreams....

Loyalty is a very tricky word... Loyal to a person, to a relationship, to a company, to a brand even...
Sitting on the beach, under the sun, listening to music... but where are the waves? You feel betrayed in a sense...

Coming home and not finding your folks there to welcome you...

Waiting for the much-awaited, oh-so mouth-watering match to go down to the wire.. . and then at the end of hours, it is so one-sided....

Waiting for the underdog to overcome goliath.. and then see history rewritten...

Getting up one winter morning all excited... to find cold water trickling down the taps...

After months of begging and cajoling... mum and dad decide to get my brother and I a pet after all.. I remember getting all excited, waiting outside my house.. Seeing the van pull up near our apartment. My brother and I could not wait for the dog (who cares about the breed) to enter our home... And then.. van doors open and out come men carrying a fish tank.. A FISH TANK!
I feel like smiling now, thinking about that morning years ago.

A thousand sms, many long drives and a lot of conversations later... All that remains is the word later.

How come I was not the first to know...

There is so much of expectation, that I guess one just fails to realise what is there tightly squished between your palms... Maybe there IS some sense in letting go... There should be... when there may be the possiblity of it coming back(?)......

4 comments: